GrantMatch is a well-established, international financial services firm with more than 20 years of history. We leverage a deep body of knowledge spanning every industry and jurisdiction across Canada and into the United States, providing a comprehensive approach that encompasses every aspect of the process to secure grant funding, including identification, application, and post-approval compliance. This expertise facilitated the creation of GrantMatchTM, our leading-edge, BIGdata FinTech tool. As a result of the sustained expansion of our Canadian practice, GrantMatch is currently seeking a Funding Specialist to join us at our Oakville Office (with option for remote work). The successful candidate will participate in 2 weeks of formal training at our Oakville office upon hiring, with the first 3 months of employment constituting an orientation period with further training. Applicants located across Canada are encouraged to apply.
Overview of Role
As a Funding Specialist, you will foster strong relationships with clients, becoming their go-to resource for project funding. You will develop a strong foundational knowledge of government funding programs to strategically match identified client projects to appropriate funding opportunities. You will drive the information gathering process, developing a big picture approach while working synergistically with a Funding Analyst, who will take ownership of the writing process. Your work will span all industries, from food processing to aerospace, so while previous industry-specific knowledge is not required, the ability to research and become an expert in each client’s area of business is a must. As a Funding Specialist, you will conduct the industry and market research required to ask the right questions, write about the project, and talk about the client’s line of business with ease and confidence. The industry-specific knowledge you gain on the job will build on the extensive business experience you already possess.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Foster strong relationships with assigned clients to facilitate the submission of grant applications
- Lead meetings with key client contacts, including senior level executives of major companies and technical employees (e.g. engineers) to gather project information (e.g. KPIs, quotes)
- Build and maintain an appropriate, realistic timeline for key deliverables for each project, keeping in mind program deadlines, client availability, and other ongoing projects
- Communicate with government representatives to fill in program-related knowledge gaps
- Research funding programs to strategically match client projects to funding opportunities
- Maintain ongoing communication with all clients regarding projects, applications, and new funding opportunities
- Calculate and write about key metrics to strengthen applications (e.g. payback period, ROI)
- Assist clients with grant submission process, communications with program representatives, and post-approval processes
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Funding Analysts and other colleagues, who each have a role in successfully fulfilling all client commitments and in securing grant money for clients and revenue for GrantMatch
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field
- Project management experience
- Client relationship management experience
- Adept at interpreting financial statements, creating cash flow forecasts, and calculating KPIs
- Experience specific to securing grants for corporations is beneficial
- Strong communication skills, personable, able to build rapport with clients and colleagues
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Intellectually curious continuous learner with a drive for constant expansion of knowledge base
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work well under the pressure of strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor of Commerce preferred, but diplomas and other areas of study will be considered given the right professional experience
This is a unique role (no two projects are alike) with room for career growth. If you are passionate about business, committed to continual learning, and excited to build relationships with client companies, we look forward to hearing from you. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, but we thank you for your application.
GrantMatch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and remains free from discrimination and harassment. We believe that by building our team on a foundation of diversity, equality, and inclusion, we can provide the best value to our clients.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to Christine O’Brien, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine O’Brien – Vice President, Operations
2265 Upper Middle Rd East Suite 101, Oakville, ON. L6H 0G5
Phone: (905) 822-4474 ext. 112 · www.grantmatch.com