Interactive Digital Media Fund
Through consultation with stakeholders, Ontario Creates has created a range of programs and resources to provide financial, strategic and research support to Ontario’s cultural entrepreneurs and established trade and event organizations from the interactive industry. Ontario Creates support provides opportunities for producers of interactive content to create new products, access existing and new markets and grow their business. Support is also available to established trade and event organizations for activities that stimulate the growth of Ontario’s interactive industry. Research grants are also available to incorporated not-for-profit industry organizations undertaking research initiatives that support or complement the mandate of Ontario Creates.
The Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Fund Concept Definition and Production programs provide IDM content creators with funding for high quality, original interactive digital media content projects that make a positive contribution to the Ontario economy.
- The Ontario Creates IDM Fund will support projects from a range of genres, delivery platforms and budgets. Consideration will be given to the industrial and creative benefits of activities and projects.
- The Ontario Creates IDM Fund is designed to support the creation of projects that consist of professionally created content that will be distributed on a platform, network or device that is capable of interactivity.
It is anticipated that the Ontario Creates IDM Fund will support projects such as e-learning content, mobile content applications, digital publishing projects and other web properties, video games, VR/AR content projects and web series.
Successful applicants are eligible to receive a non-refundable contribution capped at 50% of the project budget.
- Production Stream: Successful applicants may receive up to $250,000 capped at 50% of allowable costs.
- Concept Definition Stream: Successful applicants may receive up to $50,000 capped at 50% of allowable costs.
- Production Stream will support the creation of complete market-ready content projects that are intended to be experienced by the end user on a digital media platform, network or device that is capable of interactivity. The types of projects that may be supported include but are not limited to video games, VR/AR content projects, mobile content applications, websites and/or web series.
- Concept Definition Stream will support early-stage activities that take place prior to and assist the applicant company in preparing for full production of a content project. The types of activities that may be supported include but are not limited to prototype creation, preparation of pre-production documents and pitch material, business planning and research.
Including, but not limited to:
- Technologies, tools, platforms, hardware, software, services, etc. without a content component are ineligible.
- Projects that are primarily intended to sell products and/or services.
- Projects that are primarily intended to promote companies and corporate and/or institutional agendas.
Production Stream: August 26, 2019 by 5:00 pm.
Concept Definition Stream: August 26, 2019 by 5:00 pm.