$20K Available in Financial Assistance to Train Current and New Employees in West Virginia
Administered by the West Virginia Development Office, the Governor’s Guaranteed Work Force Program (GGWFP) aims to assist organizations in enhancing the overall performance of their workforce by contributing funding for training current and new employees.
This program is designed to support a businesses entire workforce in areas such as training, re-training and upgrading skills across all levels. The goal of this program is to attract new enterprises and encourage the growth and expansion of the state’s existing companies by providing customized training and technical assistance to support effective employee training strategies.
- Current West Virginia Employers
- Employers looking to relocate their business to West Virginia
Eligible training sources include:
- Vendor training
- Community and technical colleges/higher education
- Internal training
- Manufacturing assistance centers
Companies must create at least 10 net new jobs within a 12-month period.
- Overall funding levels are based on wages and benefits, location of the facility, number of employees and number of individuals to be trained
- Awards cannot exceed $2,000 per trainee