The Bridge Investment Program is now available to improve bridge condition, safety, efficiency, and reliability
Total Funding: $9.62 billion
Eligible Project Costs: Projects with total eligible costs exceeding $100 million are eligible for funding.
- Grant Awards:
- Minimum grant awards: $50 million
- Maximum grant awards: 50% of the total eligible project costs
- Federal Share:
- The Federal government will cover 80% of the eligible project costs.
- State Departments of Transportation (DOTs): State DOTs are eligible to apply for Large Bridge Project Grants to address critical infrastructure needs within their jurisdictions.
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs): MPOs play a vital role in urban transportation planning and are eligible to seek funding for projects that enhance the transportation infrastructure.
- Local Governments: Local governments, including cities and municipalities, can apply directly for Large Bridge Project Grants to address community-specific infrastructure improvements.
- Tribal Governments: Tribal governments are also eligible applicants, ensuring that Indigenous communities can access funding for vital bridge projects.
Eligible activities for projects funded through the Airport Terminal Program (ATP) include:
Large Bridge Rehabilitation: Funding can be used for the substantial repair and rehabilitation of existing large bridges to extend their service life and improve safety.
Large Bridge Replacement: Grants support the replacement of large bridges that have reached the end of their useful life or are beyond repair.
Bridge Preservation: Funds can be allocated for the preservation and maintenance of large bridges to ensure they remain in good condition and safe for use.
Capacity Expansion: In cases where large bridges are integral to expanding transportation capacity, grants can be used to finance such projects.
Disaster Resilience: Projects that enhance the resilience of large bridges against natural disasters, such as flooding or earthquakes, are eligible for funding.
Incorporation of Climate-Resilient Design: Grants can be used to incorporate climate-resilient design features into large bridge projects to address the challenges posed by climate change.
Integration with Pedestrian and Bicycle Infrastructure: Funding can be used to design and construct pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure that integrates with large bridge projects, promoting multi-modal transportation solutions.