The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP) is Now Open
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program is a partnership with small- and medium-sized automotive parts suppliers in Ontario. The goal is to help modernize Ontario’s automotive supply chain and make it more competitive.
O-AMP provides support to projects that fall under one or both of the following categories:
- Technology Adoption – for example, using advanced manufacturing hardware, software and/or training to improve processes and competitiveness. This might include using logistical systems and investing in production hardware or software that digitize production tracking.
- Lean Manufacturing – for example, improving operational efficiency and competitiveness by using lean manufacturing techniques or hiring the services of a mentor/consultant to help with lean implementation.
Your business could get up to $100,000 to help cover up to 50% of eligible project costs.
As a successful applicant, you are required to contribute at least 50% of remaining project costs through:
- Your own business resources.
- Private or bank financing.
To be eligible for O-AMP, you must be a small or medium-sized Ontario-based business in the automotive supply chain. Specifically, you must meet these requirements:
- Be a for-profit business (with a business number)
- Employ less than 500 employees globally
- Generate less than $1 billion in global revenues
- Have at least two years of financial statements
- At least 50% of the company’s total sales revenue comes from the auto supply sector
Larger companies (i.e. those with more than 500 employees) must partner with at least one Ontario-based small or medium-sized business to be eligible.