$1M Available to Assist Businesses in Wisconsin Improving the Job-Related Skills of their Employees
In efforts to attract, develop and retain talent in the state of Wisconsin, the Workforce Training Grant Program is providing a total of $1M to new or expanding businesses to upgrade or improve the job-related skills of their existing and new employees via training.
Any business making a firm commitment to locate a new facility in Wisconsin or expand an existing facility within the state and upgrading a product, process, or service that requires training in new technology and skills is eligible for the Workforce Training Grant.
Eligible job training for this program must focus on the following:
- New technology
- Industrial skills
- Manufacturing processes
- Leadership development
- The maximum funding amount is calculated by multiplying the number of employees expected to be trained by $5,000.
- Businesses located in designated rural zones may be eligible for up to 75% of costs covered.
WEDC will evaluate applications for this program based on factors, including:
- Training shall be related to a specific project that is outside of routine operations
- Whether the project will be located in an economically distressed area
- Whether the project will be located in a rural area
- The financial soundness of the business
- Any previous financial assistance that the business received from the Department of Commerce/WEDC