Up to $10,000,000 in grants are available for U.S. meat processing sector!
- The maximum funding amount a successful applicant can receive is $10,000,000 or 30% of total project costs, whichever is lower.
- For projects involving both construction and equipment, the minimum grant is $250,000.
- For projects focused solely on equipment purchases, the minimum grant is $5,000,000.
The MPPEP is accessible to both for-profit enterprises and other types of businesses and organizations that are involved or have plans to be involved, in the field of meat and poultry processing.
- Private entities (independently owned and operated)
- Non-profit organizations
- Tribal entities
- State or local governments
- Other qualifying entities
(Note: All entities must be domestically owned and operate within the U.S. or its territories.)
Expenses for equipment and associated costs of:
- Building, Modernizing, or Expanding Processing Facilities:
- Support the construction, renovation, or expansion of processing facilities, including mobile slaughter units.
- Developing, Installing, or Modernizing Equipment and Technology:
- Enhance equipment and technology to improve automation, efficiency, and processing quality.
- Ensuring Compliance with Packaging and Labeling Requirements:
- Assist in meeting packaging and labeling standards through necessary equipment and processes.
- Modifying Facilities or Equipment for Food Safety:
- Make adjustments to ensure strict adherence to food safety protocols.
- Upholding Occupational and Safety Standards:
- Improve facility safety by providing safety gear and implementing protocols.
- Offsetting Costs Related to Becoming an Inspected Facility:
- Help cover fees for obtaining inspection certifications.
- Staffing or Operational Expenses Tied to the Project:
- Cover project-related staffing and operational costs.
- Workforce Recruitment, Training, and Retention:
- Aid in hiring, training, and retaining a skilled workforce for expanded operations.