$31 Million AVAILABLE in funding for ranchers and Farmers across America!
The Value Added Producer Grant program helps agricultural producers enter into value added activities related to the processing and/or marketing of bio-based, value-added products. Generating new products, creating and expanding marketing opportunities, and increasing producer income are the goals of this program.
Program Funding: Approximately $31 million in total available funding.
Maximum Grant Amount: Planning Grants up to $75,000; Working Capital Grants up to $250,000.
Matching Funds Requirements: Cost share match requirement of 100 percent of the grant amount required for all applications.
- Independent producers
- Agricultural producer groups
- Farmer- or rancher-cooperatives
- Majority-controlled producer-based business ventures
- Beginning farmer or rancher
- Socially-disadvantaged farmer or rancher
- Small or medium-sized farm
- Ranch structured as a family farm
- Farmer or rancher cooperative
- Proposing a mid-tier value chain
Grant and matching funds can be used for planning activities or for working capital expenses related to producing and marketing a value-added agricultural product. Examples of planning activities include conducting feasibility studies and developing business plans for processing and marketing the proposed value-added product.
Examples of working capital expenses include:
- Processing costs
- Marketing and advertising expenses
- Some inventory and salary expenses
May 11, 2023