The Strategic Agri-Food Processing Fund is Now Open
The Strategic Agri-Food Processing Fund Program helps enhance processing capacity in Ontario through investments in major expansions and the modernization of food processing facilities. The program supports businesses undertaking high-impact projects to expand existing operations/facilities, or projects creating net new processing capacity with exceptional economic opportunities.
These strategic investments will increase sector competitiveness and allow for the retention of existing markets, as well as provide access to new markets for food processors.
Funding is available through the following program streams:
- New Production Capacity and Major Expansion of Existing Capacity
- Production Modernization
New Production Capacity and Major Expansion of Existing Capacity Stream
- Creation of New Production Capacity
- Opening a new premises in Ontario to create net new processing capacity
- Major Expansion of Existing Capacity
- Physically expanding or converting non-production space to creates net new processing capacity within an existing premises in Ontario
- 20% of eligible costs can be covered, to a maximum of $3 million per business
- Suggested minimum total project value is $5 million
- Additional cost share incentive of 5% is available for eligible businesses with projects in rural or northern Ontario, and for Indigenous applicants
Production Modernization Stream
- Modernization of an existing premises through the adoption of advanced automation or manufacturing technology within the footprint of an existing premises, that will result in increased processing capacity
- 15% of eligible costs can be covered, to a maximum of $500,000 per business
- Suggested minimum total project value is $2 million
- Additional cost share incentive of 5% is available for eligible businesses with projects in rural or northern Ontario, and for Indigenous applicants.
- Applicants must submit a completed eligibility checklist using the electronic checklist form. The eligibility checklist must be submitted by April 22, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. EDT.
- Only applicants who have submitted an eligibility checklist and have been found to be eligible will receive an application by email. Eligible applicants must submit a completed application by July 11, 2022.