funding for Manufacturers in Ontario!
This program is offering manufacturers in south, central and eastern Ontario up to $100,000 to offset the costs of training expenses related to upskilling and retraining their workforce to adopt and adapt green manufacturing principles at the shop floor level.
- First-time applicants who have never received AIME funding may be eligible for up to a maximum of $100,000 with 50% shared costs.
- Manufacturers who have received funding from AIME in the past 24 months, are not eligible; and must wait the 24-month period;
- Manufacturers who have received funding from AIME in the past, but more than 24 months ago, may be eligible for a second tier of funding; these second-generation applications may qualify for up to $100,000 with a shared contribution of up to 25%.
In order to qualify, a business must:
- Have between 10-1000 employees in southern Ontario;
- Have been continuously in business for at least three years (3 years); and demonstrate financial stability;
- Operate a manufacturing facility or facilities in Southern Ontario;
- Manufacture a specific product for sale in Ontario or elsewhere; and,
- Demonstrate adoption/adaption of greening technologies in products or manufacturing processes
- Training that supports the adaptation of new technology, new processes or procedures or a change within the company to clearly support innovations linked to green innovation, increased competitiveness, and domestic and international market access.
- Training that supports and develops highly skilled personnel in any area that leads to innovation or productivity improvements. This can include the development of new engineering skills; training in the use of new software, hardware or other tools necessary to support innovation; and adopting and adapting new technologies, new manufacturing methods or any other business area that will make a southern Ontario manufacturing company to be greener and more competitive.
AIME accepts applications on a continuous basis.