Up To $500K Available for SME's in Alberta Improving Energy Efficiency
Through the Energy Savings for Business program, $55M in funding has been made available to assist Alberta's small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in improving efficiency and reduce emissions.
This program will help SMEs to grow, become more competitive, decrease operating costs, and reduce emissions, making businesses more competitive to promote economic recovery, and environmental sustainability.
- All business and non-profits serviced by an Alberta electric utility are eligible
- Eligible organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Individual businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Private schools not eligible for government funding
- The common spaces and equipment in multi-unit residential buildings
- Farms registered as businesses.
- Compressed air measures
- Process heating
- Food service equipment
- Motors and drives
- Water heating
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Lighting systems
- Building envelope and windows
- Agricultural lighting
- Waste energy recovery
- ESB provides up to $250,000 per project, to a max of $500,000 per company