THE ENTERPRISE ZONE (EZ) PROGRAM IS PROVIDING RELIEF TO COMPANIES THAT ARE EXPANDING THEIR EXISTING BUSINESSES IN WISCONSIN OR RELOCATING MAJOR BUSINESS OPERATIONS TO WISCONSIN.
The program supports job creation, job retention, capital investment, training, and Wisconsin supply chain investment by providing companies with refundable tax credits which can help to reduce or refund a portion of their Wisconsin state income tax liability, enhancing their cash flow to expand the expansion project’s scope, accelerate the timing of the project, or enhance payroll.
WEDC will evaluate Enterprise Zone Tax Credit applications based on factors, including:
- Whether the project might not occur without allocation of tax credits
- The extent to which the project will increase employment in this state
- The extent to which the project will contribute to the economic growth of this state
- The financial soundness of the business
- Whether the business offers health, retirement, and other benefits
- Any previous financial assistance received from the Department of Commerce or WEDC
A business may be eligible for this program if they demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Begins operation in EZ
- Relocates to EZ from out of state
- Expands operation in EZ
- Retains Jobs in the EZ
- Purchases items or services through a Wisconsin Supply Chain