Up to $5M Available for Organizations Accelerating Innovation in the Agriculture Industry
Under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, The AgriScience Program is providing funding support for projects regarding pre-commercial science activities and cutting-edge research that benefits the Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector as well as Canadians as a whole.
The AgriScience Program – Projects (ASPP) stream aims to support small and emerging sectors experiencing fiscal barriers in their research activities. These activities are considered to be cutting-edge and pre-commercial, and the funding from this program will assist in accelerating innovation in the agriculture sector to increase new products and techniques for agri-based organizations. Applications for the ASPP are now being accepted.
To be considered eligible, projects must address at least one of the following priorities and be completed by March 31, 2023:
- Improve support for minor commodities, emerging, and transformative areas
- Invest in discovery and applied science for major commodity sectors
- Enhance efforts in clean growth, environment, and climate change
- Accelerate growth of Canada's food and beverage processing or value-added sector
- Strengthen knowledge transfer and adoption in the sector
Eligible project costs will be shared between Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) and the applicant as follows:
- For-profit organizations:
- Maximum of 50% of eligible costs, with a maximum of $5M over 5 years
- Not-for-profit organizations:
- Maximum of 70%, with a maximum of $5M over 5 years