FUNDING TO SUPPORT film in Canada!
The Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC) provides eligible production corporations with a tax credit at a rate of 16 per cent of the qualified Canadian labour expenditures incurred in respect of an accredited production.
Co-administered by the Canadian Audio-Visual Certification Office and the Canada Revenue Agency, the PSTC is designed to enhance Canada as a location of choice for film and video productions employing Canadians, as well as to strengthen the industry and secure investment.
A recipient is eligible to receive 20% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $300,000 in funding per project under the initiative.
To be eligible for the PSTC, a production corporation must be:
- a taxable Canadian corporation or a foreign-owned corporation;
- engaged primarily (more than 50%) in activities dedicated to the permanent establishment in Canada of a film or video production business, or a film or video production services business; and
- the owner of the copyright in the accredited production, throughout the period during which the production is produced in Canada (or have contracted directly with the copyright owner of the production, to provide services for the production).
Under the initiative, eligible activities include:
- Salary or wages paid to employees of the corporation;
- Remuneration, other than salary or wages, paid to a person or partnership; and
- Reimbursement by a wholly-owned corporation to its parent.
The PSTC accepts applications on an ongoing basis.