$10,000 or $15,000 awards available to law students working on IP or business strategy!
The Mitacs - Law Internship Program (M-LIP) aims to support law firms, businesses, corporate legal departments, and not-for-profit organizations by providing funding to hire a law student for a four-month period. The main goals of the M-LIP are to provide eligible organizations with assistance in completing projects while also providing law students with hands-on experience.
In partnership with participating Canadian law schools, Mitacs has launched a new initiative: a $10,000 or $15,000 internship program to provide law firms, companies and not-for-profit organizations with the support of law students through a four-month-long project.
You get the knowledge and expertise from outstanding law students, while students gain real-world experience.
- $10K for a four-month project: your contribution is only $5K
- You can also apply for $15K for a four-month project: you pay only $7.5K
- Eligible projects must have a connection to intellectual property or business strategy
- Applications are accepted at any time
- Open to law firms, businesses, legal departments, not-for-profit organizations, municipalities, and hospitals
- Please note that law student interns can provide legal information; if legal advice is required then the student must be supervised by a lawyer in good standing with the provincial law society