Up to $150,000 grants available for automotive part suppliers in Ontario
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP) aims to support automotive part suppliers when introducing new and innovative technologies or lean manufacturing to the automotive business. In a partnership with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Ontario, O-AMP intends to modernize the automotive supply chain to make it more competitive.
To be eligible for O-AMP, you must be a small- or medium- sized Ontario-based business in the automotive supply chain.
Specifically, you must meet these requirements:
- be a for-profit business (with a business number)
- have less than 500 employees in Ontario
- have less than $1 billion in global revenues
- have a minimum of two (2) consecutive years of financial statements (auditor or accountant reviewed).
- have at least 50% of the company’s total sales revenue from the auto supply sector
- must have a manufacturing location in Ontario by the time your project starts
Eligible ActivitiesProjects and activities deemed eligible for this program include the following:
- Technology adoption
- Advanced manufacturing hardware, software and/or training to improve processes and competitiveness
- Using logistical systems and investing in production hardware or software that digitizes production tracking
- Tools and technologies to support new product development
- Adoption of technologies to assist with the engineering and design of new products
- Lean manufacturing
- Improving operational efficiency and competitiveness by using lean manufacturing techniques
- Hiring the services of a mentor/consultant to help with lean implementation
Eligible CostsEligible product costs include:
- Capital costs
- Training costs
- Salaries and benefits
- Travel and living costs
Funding DetailsLarger companies (i.e. those with more than 500 employees) must partner with at least one Ontario-based small- or medium-sized business to be eligible.
Smaller products can receive up to $50,000 in funding whereas larger products can receive between $50,000 to $150,000.
Stacking with other provincial programs is not permitted and funding from any federal sources and O-AMP may not exceed 50% of the total project cost.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, January 17, 2023.