Up to $500,000 is Available for Agri-Businesses in Saskatchewan Investing in Infrastructure Projects
The Saskatchewan Lean Improvements in Manufacturing (SLIM) program is assisting agri-businesses adopt best practices and implement new technologies and processes by offering up to $500,000 in funding for infrastructure projects. Before applying for funding, interested applicants must submit and complete an Efficiency Analysis.
An Efficiency Analysis is a review of the facility's current production methods and identifies where efficiencies can be gained, or new technologies adopted to increase productivity. Expenditures for the Efficiency Analysis will be eligible for rebate even if the applicant does not proceed with an Infrastructure Project application or if the Infrastructure Project is not approved.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Agri-businesses involved in value-added processing of Saskatchewan agricultural products
- A commercial enterprise located in Saskatchewan
- Incorporated in Saskatchewan or federally and filing income tax in Saskatchewan
- An existing facility that has been in operation for a minimum of two years
The following facilities are not eligible for funding:
- Facilities where the retail environment is larger than the processing area
- Publicly funded facilities
- Processors of seafood or fish
Eligible ProjectsOnly the facility modifications and equipment, including associated installation and training identified in the efficiency analysis, will be eligible for funding.
The funding for this opportunity is available in two steps:
1. Efficiency Analysis
- Up to 50% of eligible costs covered to a maximum of $20,000
- Eligible expenditures include:
- Consultant fees
- Expenses directly related to the cost of developing the assessment
2. Infrastructure Projects
- Up to 50% of eligible expenditures covered to a maximum payment of $500,000 which includes the amount provided in the Efficiency Analysis
- The deadline to submit the required Efficiency Analysis is January 31, 2022
- The deadline to submit the application to the Infrastructure Program is May 15, 2022