Up to $500,000 in Grant Funding Available to Canadian Tourism Businesses and Municipalities
The Tourism Relief Fund supports tourism businesses and municipalities to adapt their operations to meet public health requirements while investing in products and services to facilitate their future growth. This fund will position Canada to be a destination of choice when domestic and international travel is once again safe by:
- Empowering tourism businesses to create new or enhance existing tourism experiences and products to attract more local and domestic visitors; and
- Helping the sector reposition itself to welcome international visitors by providing the best Canadian tourism experiences we have to offer the world.
Tourism Relief Fund projects will focus on
- Product development: For example, projects that enhance tourism experiences; help tourism businesses adapt to the “new normal,” to modernize their offerings; and, encourage the adoption of more environmentally sustainable and inclusive practices.
- Destination development: For example, projects that position communities to take advantage of post-pandemic opportunities through strategic planning for medium- to long-term investments, as well as supporting destination development prospects
- Contributions to businesses will be either:
- Non-repayable contributions up to $100,000 for up to 50% of eligible costs; or
- Fully repayable contributions up to $500,000 for up to 75% of eligible costs.
- Not-for-profit organizations and municipalities will be eligible for non-repayable contributions.
- Project contribution amounts would not exceed $500,000. The actual contribution amount will be based on the minimum amount required to carry out the project