The Connecting Links Program is Now Open
Connecting links are municipal roads that connect two ends of a provincial highway through a community or to an international or interprovincial border crossing. 77 Ontario municipalities with designated connecting links are eligible for funding.
The Connecting Links program funding covers up to 90% of eligible project costs, to a maximum of $3M and, new for this round, up to $5M for bridge projects. Funding is provided for the design, construction, renewal, rehabilitation and replacement of connecting link infrastructure.
The objectives of the program are to make connecting link investments that:
- Address critical connecting link improvement needs
- Extend the life of the asset
- Are cost effective and appropriate to address the connecting link need
- Ensure the safe and efficient movement of provincial traffic
Funds can be used for:
- Environmental Assessment costs
- Design/Engineering costs
- Project Management/Contract Administration costs
The deadline for the application submission is November 06, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST.