The CanExport Program Offers Canadian SME's up to $50,000 in Funding to Assist with International Market Development Activities
CanExport is a funding program designed to promote and enhance Canada’s trade diversification efforts. It offers grants and contributions to Canadian companies to help them prepare for and establish a presence in international markets where they currently have little or no sales.
The program will begin accepting new applications at 08:00 AM EST on January 10, 2022, for projects starting next fiscal year, i.e. after April 1, 2022.
CanExport is open to all industry sectors. To be eligible, your company must satisfy 5 essential criteria:
- Be for-profit
- Be an incorporated legal entity, limited liability partnership (LLP) or cooperative in Canada
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number
- Have fewer than 500 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Have $100,000 to $100 million in annual revenue declared in Canada during its last complete tax reporting year (or during the last 12 months for monthly and quarterly filers)
- CanExport SME provides funding on a cost-sharing basis with the recipient. The applicant may submit a maximum budget of $100,000; the minimum budget is set at $20,000.
- The program funds up to 50% of eligible costs for $10,000 to $50,000 in funding per project. The applicant is responsible for the remaining 50% (in-kind contributions are not permitted).
- Gathering market intelligence (custom research, reports and studies)
- Applying for intellectual property protection in international markets
- Applying for certification in international markets
- Seeking expert legal and business advice
- Search Engine Optimization
- Translating, adapting or creating marketing materials
- Attending virtual trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences