FUNDING OF UP TO $10,000,000 TO SUPPORT GHG reduction in Canada!
The Clean Tech Fund (CTF) aims to support high-potential clean technology companies by providing funding for development and demonstration projects to achieve market readiness or growth as well as expansion in the global market.
- SDTC funds on average 33% (up to 40%) of eligible project costs.
- At least 25% of the eligible costs must be funded through private sector contributions (including in-kind).
- At least 50% of eligible project costs must be incurred in Canada, allowing for out-of-country demonstration to test market potential.
- A Canadian company that will demonstrate strong Canadian benefits with a defined project.
- A product or service that has the potential to deliver significant and quantifiable environmental benefits in the short-to-medium term resulting from commercial-scale deployment.
- A novel technology that is supported by intellectual property owned by the company and a strategy to enable future growth.
- A defined project supported by a business plan that accelerates growth and achieves profitability.
- A potential customer or end use partner who can validate market need.
Projects must demonstrate the potential for at least one of the following:
- Greenhouse gas emissions reduction
- Reduction in water consumption
- Reduction of water, soil, or air contamination
- Salaries and benefits, including administrative labour
- Professional and administrative fees related to obtaining and maintaining an Intellectual Property Right and drafting an Intellectual Property Strategy
- Field testing services
- Feasibility studies
- License fees and permits
- Supplies and equipment, including the costs to purchase, rent, fabricate and install supplies and equipment
- Purchase, installation, repair, upgrade, testing and commissioning of equipment, materials and products, including diagnostic and testing tools and instruments
- Furniture (pro-rated amount as applicable)
- Laboratory and field supplies and materials
- Reasonable travel and conference expenses
- Printing and production services
- Shipping costs
- Utilities, waste removal, consumables
- Data collection services
- Communication and distribution costs
- Translation costs
- Project necessary capital items
- The depreciation expense of capital items during the Period of Funding
Applications are accepted until all funding has been allocated.